At Bushey Heath Dental Centre we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their treatment. If you have a complaint, it will be dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
Our process for complaint management
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint is Dr Bob Sidhu our Principal Dentist (email@example.com) or (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If he is not available at the time, then you will be told when you will be able to talk to him and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the clinician, unless you do not want this to happen
- We will acknowledge your complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If you do not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to you on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify you, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
What to do if you’re not satisfied with our response
If you are not satisfied with our response then a complaint can be made to the dentists’ regulatory body:
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ.
Telephone: 0845 222 4141.